If you are looking for a way to make your curriculum (CV) different from others, you could combine a work placement with an English language course. Why not give your future the best chance?
We can organise unpaid work experience placements from a minimum of two weeks up to six months. You would need to also take an English language course at Peartree Languages, which could be general English, an ESP (English for Specific Purposes) course or a course as part of a closed group. You may also wish to continue your course while on your work placement as a flexible or part-time student. We would organise this in advance with the placement.
We recommend this course for:
- Adults taking a gap year before university or a career break
- Erasmus + students
- University or school students who are required to take a work placement as part of their course of studies in their home country
During your time in the UK, you will be asked to come to our main adult school on a regular basis for welfare meetings, we can help you to prepare your CV, provide you with an entry and exit language test, give you a certificate and even help you to sit for external exams.
On a work placement you can expect to have exposure to natural English, be immersed in a real work environment where you can learn real life and professional skills. We will listen to your work placement preferences in advance and make every attempt to find you a work environment that is compatible with your interests or studies.
- Minimum age of 16, many placements will only be available to students aged 18+
- B1+ level of English language competency (proven with certificate or letter from school / university), a Skype interview will be conducted in advance
- Minimum period of stay in the UK is two weeks, at least one week of English language course
- Reliable, professional and serious attitude is essential
Please contact us for more information