TERMS AND CONDITIONS: ALL COURSES
Enrolment, payment and cancellation
- Students enrolling in person must pay an administration fee before starting to confirm the course place.
- Full-time / Intensive students applying from abroad will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of £90 to confirm the course and at least one week of accommodation fees. This is non-refundable under any circumstances. .
- Classes can be paid for with cash, by credit / debit card (not via telephone), by bank transfer or via Transferwise.
- Students who require a letter to apply for a Short-term Study Visa must pay an additional, non-refundable £50 administration fee. If any details provided by the student are incorrect, a £10 fee is charged per extra letter required.
- Full course fees, as per your booking, must be paid without exception on the first day of your course. You cannot attend classes if the fees are not paid.
- For students who are sponsored by their Embassy, Company or any Third Party, a letter of financial guarantee is required, with full invoicing details, before the student can start the course.
- For students who leave the course, we can hold your place in the class and any transfer any paid classes for up to two months only. After this time you would lose the classes that have been paid and would need to pay the administration fee again if you re-enrol at the school.
- Prices are fixed and non-negotiable.
- *Discounts (5%) are only available for students who pay for three months of more of fees in advance, in full.
- Course fees are non-transferable.
- Students must bring their I.D. card, passport and visa (if necessary). We will make and keep a copy for your file. We must see the original document.
- Students must inform the Welcome Desk immediately if any personal information changes.
- If you bring a friend, we will give you a free class. A free class will be credited to your file to be taken after your friend has started lessons.
- If you want to take a holiday from your lessons you must give at least one week’s notice, or tell us when you next pay for your clases. If you do not give notice, you will lose your classes.
- We are OPEN in half-term.
- Students do not pay for classes when the school is closed for annual or public holidays.
- If you, or a person you care for is sick and you are unable to attend the class you lose the class. Students can ask for copies of homework and class handouts for missed classes that have been paid.
- No refund is given for under one month of paid classes.
- Forty-eight hours- notice must be given to cancel a private class or test. If forty-eight hours -notice is not given, you must pay for the class or test.
- If your tutor cancels your private class with less than 48 hours-notice you have the right to one free cancellation.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late you cannot enter the class and you lose that class.
- If you apply as part of a study group, cancellation terms are arranged on a case by case basis.
- If a tutor is absent then every effort will be made to ensure a substitute tutor, with the same qualifications, teaches the class. This could include a test being set for the lesson. In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, you will be refunded or offered the option to take an extra class as compensation.
- Only English must be spoken in classes. Only under exceptional circumstances, where the number of students is too low to make the programme viable or other unforeseen circumstances, will a course need to be cancelled and Peartree Languages will endeavour to provide at least one week’s notice.
- In the case of the course not going ahead, liability is limited to the return of the fees only. Peartree Languages will not reimburse any travel or hotel cancellation fees or other associated costs.
- Peartree Languages is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities in the provision of its services. It is committed to non-discriminatory policies that recognise, respect and encourage the challenging of discrimination. Our staff (including homestay) will challenge and report any racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise unacceptable language or behaviour.
- Peartree Language is a Safer School and we operate a strict Safeguarding Policy
- I understand that I will be required to follow the class and school rules and policies at all times. Students must read and respect all school policies written in the student handbook.
- I have provided my original passport or I. D. Document, including Visa if applicable.
- I declare that all the information given is correct and complete.
- I understand that no travel, cancellation or personal item insurance is included, but I can ask for a quote if required.
Thank you and see you soon!